Mercury is found naturally in the air, land and even in the waterFor this reason, it is understandable that animals and even ourselves can have some slight doses of mercury in our body.
You have to be very careful with this element as it can cause very serious diseases, such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's or even the Autism. At first, many dental fillings had 50% mercury in their composition, a fact that scares anyone today.
Mercury occurs naturally, however, the large amounts that the planet has of this substance is produced by human activity, it comes from the combustion of coal in power plants, kitchens, industrial productions, etc.
Table of Contents
Mercury present in these products and foods
- Pesticides and herbicidesThese two products are "necessary" to keep a product free of insects and that they do not spoil it, instead, they add mercury to the food that we later consume.
- Industrial emissions
- Some Cosmetics intended to lighten the skin tone
- Disinfectant and pharmaceutical products
- Batteries, batteries, thermometers, fluorescent tubes, etc
- Dental fillings
- Fish: those with the most mercury are the tuna, sea bass, shark, swordfish. Others that contain but in less quantity are sardines, anchovies and anchovies, although we must emphasize that we would have to eat large quantities of fish for it to harm us.
If we swallow mercury, what happens?
The toxic effects they will depend on the age of the person who ingests it and how it has been ingested. It is not the same, taking it directly than inhaling it, for example. If inhaled, our digestive and nervous systems along with the lungs will be affected.
If mercury is absorbed we can suffer tremors, memory loss, insomnia, renal failure, motor and cognitive dysjunctions.
If you are in the gestation period it is very important to stay away from any product that might contain it since this element can directly affect the development of the fetus.
It is no nonsense, we must be careful and stay alert, take care of the little ones so that they do not play with products that contain it.