La Perricone diet is one of the most popular weight loss methods out there today and owes its name to a famous dermatologist and nutrition expert of the same name. This diet, in addition to promising considerable weight loss in the shortest possible time, ensures that it helps to improve the state of mind and to increase the energy level in the person in question. It is a very well-known diet today since many famous have followed her to lose weight and achieve a slim figure.
This diet tries to follow a type of diet with as many nutrients as possible and avoid the weight loss method of the so-called miracle diets at all times. However it is a highly criticized and discouraged diet by a large number of professionals and nutrition experts who see it as one more miracle diet with a dangerous rebound effect.
Table of Contents
What is the Perricone diet?
Dr. Perricone points out that there are ten food groups with different types of nutrients that should not be lacking in the daily diet of anyone who wants to lose a considerable amount of kilos. To avoid gaining weight and kilos, the diet advises avoiding as much as possible sugar consumption and replace it with other healthier products such as honey or stevia.
He also recommends avoiding consuming wheat or corn flours since they do not have nutrients and are too many calories for the body. Other products that are prohibited for this type of diet are the hydrogenated fats as is the case with margarine or butter.
The ten food groups of the Perricone diet
The ten food groups defended by the Perricone diet are the following:
- The Omega 3 fatty acids They are really beneficial for the body as they provide healthy fats to it. They are found in foods such as salmon, tuna, sardines or eggs.
- The fruits that are rich in fiber and they help satisfy the appetite as is the case with apples and grapefruits.
- High-fat fruits like avocado. These fats are healthy for the body and help to control blood cholesterol.
- Spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or turmeric. For Perricone spices are essential in the diet as they help to keep at bay sugar levels in the blood and are excellent substitutes for salt.
- The chili has a great anti-inflammatory power and it helps to accelerate the metabolism which allows to eliminate the calories in a much faster way.
- Nuts such as walnuts, almonds or pumpkin seeds. They are rich in healthy omega 3 fats and they contain a large amount of protein.
- Legumes such as beans or lentils are rich in fiber and help burn fat quickly and efficiently than other types of food.
- Yogurt as it is a probiotic food It helps improve intestinal flora and is also rich in calcium.
- The cereals like oats or barley they are really nutritious and contain a lot of fiber.
- Vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or lettuce. These foods they are low calorie and very rich in vitamins and fiber.
Perricone diet daily menu
Diet advises drinking 2 water glasses as soon as you get up, since in this way toxins that may be in the body are eliminated.
- Breakfast: It may consist of one tortilla three clear plus a piece of fruit along with a cup of oatmeal with creamed milk or yogurt. You can't have bread, coffee, or juice.
- Lunch: You can have a little grilled salmon along with a green salad dressed with olive oil and a piece of fruit. It is important to drink 2 glasses of water while you eat.
- Snack: During the snack it is advisable to take a natural yogurt next to a piece of fruit and a glass of water.
- Price: It is allowed to eat some grilled tuna along with a green salad dressed with olive oil and a piece of fruit. To drink 2 water glasses while you dine.
It is allowed to eat mid-morning a handful of nuts or some fruit to satisfy hunger and not arrive so hungry at mealtime, while it is essential to drink about two liters of water a day to keep the body perfectly hydrated.
Disadvantages of the Perricone diet
Like any other so-called miracle diet, offers optimal results in the shortest possible time. Specifically, the Perricone diet guarantees losing a few 8 kilos in just one month. This fact causes that in the event that there is no change in eating habits, you end up regaining all the weight lost due to the dreaded rebound effect. It is undoubtedly the greatest danger of this type of diet, so it is essential to change habits once the diet is finished and choose a healthy and balanced diet to help you maintain the ideal weight along with the practice of exercise in a regular way. .
Another major drawback is that it is an unbalanced diet and that it does not provide all the necessary nutrients to the body. That is why it is dangerous to prolong this diet over time since the body could suffer serious health problems.
Despite these disadvantages and disadvantages, the Perricone diet is one of the most popular weight loss methods in the world and there are many the famous who have advocated this type of diet. Among them, the staunchest defender has been the Queen of Spain and is that Mrs. Letizia it has become the best advertisement for this type of diet.
If you have decided to start this type of diet to lose a few extra kilos, pay close attention to the next video since it will help you to know a little more about the famous Perricone diet.