Edamame is sweeping many people's homes. Perhaps you do not know exactly what this food is, what its properties are or how it is eaten exactly. Do not worry, below, we will tell you everything in detail.
What is edamame?
Edamame are the pods or green beans of soybeans, they have been collected before they mature. They are green, a color very similar to the peas and beans that we know. It is from the legume family and its size is small. In a green soybean pod we find between 2 or 3 soybean bundles and they have a large gap between them.
The edamame, It is covered with small hairs, a characteristic to take into account to know how to differentiate them from other fresh legumes.
Next, we will tell you what are the wonderful properties and benefits of edamame.
- It is a great source of proteins of vegetable origin.
- It stands out in its great content in calcium and iron.
- This food is low in fat, which is perfect for all those who seek to reduce or control cholesterol.
- It has antioxidant properties, thanks to its high content of isoflavones. Isoflavones help women menopausal to maintain good skin and organism.
- El edamame, concentrates magnesium, a mineral that improves bone health.
- Its high iron content and high quality proteins make it a food capable of filling us with energy.
- It has a great high content in fiber. For each 100 grams of edamame we get 8 grams of fiber.
- It is a gluten-free food, so those allergic to gluten can take it without problems.
- Keeps our strong immune system.
- It is a great source of energy.
- It is recommended to people diabetic
- Reduce the kidney problems
- Improves health of our bones.
- Prevents anemia for its high fiber content.
Edamame, as it comes from soybeans, it also increases our indices in the following substances:
- Vegetal protein.
- Vitamin K.
How do you eat it?
El edamame It is very easy to eat, it is prepared quickly and the result is fantastic. At the time of eating, the pod is opened with the help of the teeth or hands, with the tongue we collect the grains inside and the pod is discarded. It is something like eating pipes.
The most common and simple is boil them in water with a little salt. For approximately 3 or 5 minutes. Once boiled, we can accompany them with oil and salt flakes or some spice. On the other hand, we can remove the grains and add them to a salad, or sauté them in a pan with a little soy sauce and minced garlic.
The normal thing is to take it as an aperitifIt is presented with the whole pod boiled and we eat them as if they were pipes. They can be taken warm or cold. Its flavor is mild and combines with a large number of foods.
Where to buy it
Currently, after the fame of this food, we can find edamame in different surfaces and markets that are well known to all. We can find it in various formats, fresh, seeds, ready to eat or frozenThen we tell you where you can get this delicious food.
- En Amazon Spain edamame seeds can be purchased for cultivation.
- In the supermarket Lidl We find it frozen, with a 400 gram format.
- En Mercadona, one of the large Spanish supermarkets and where they have currently been running out of reserves, we find it in quantities of 500 grams in the frozen section.
- En Carrefour We find it in a smaller format, 100 grams of ready-to-eat edamame, a perfect way to try it if you still don't know it.
- En To field, in this supermarket we find it in a 300 gram format deep-frozen.
- El English court, we sell edamame in quantities of 500 grams, and you will find it in the frozen department.
- La SirenThis supermarket, which mostly sells frozen products, has also acquired edamame, in 400-gram formats.
Edamame It has a price that ranges from € 1,80 to approximately 4 euros, depending on the brand and the quantity.
If you live in a medium-sized town, you will surely find the option of getting edamame, in any format. However, if you do not get it, you can order it online, currently there are many web pages with online stores that offer us their fresh products and send them to us in a short period of time.
Go ahead and try this healthy food and how fashionable it has become. A perfect option for a quick snack, calorie-free and delicious. Play with your recipes and add it in the way that interests you the most. You are sure to give your dishes a perfect touch.