This is a diet designed for those who need to make a diet to lose weight because they are overweight and are fans of sweet potatoes. You can do it for a maximum of 1 week, it will allow you to lose weight around 2 kilos. Now, you must have a healthy state of health to put it into practice.
If you are determined to carry out this plan, you will have to drink 2 liters of water per day regardless of what you consume at meals, sweeten your infusions with sweetener and season your meals with salt and a small amount of sunflower oil. You can cook the sweet potatoes in the oven or boil them.
- Breakfast: 1 infusion of your choice (coffee or tea) and a glass of citrus fruit juice of your choice.
- Mid-morning: 1 infusion of your choice (coffee or tea) and 2 bran biscuits.
- Lunch: 1 cup of light broth, the amount you want of sweet potatoes and 1 fruit of your choice.
- Mid-afternoon: 1 infusion of your choice (coffee or tea) and 2 whole-grain cookies.
- Snack: 1 infusion of your choice (coffee or tea) and 1 low-fat yogurt.
- Dinner: 1 cup of light broth, the amount you want of sweet potatoes and 1 fruit of your choice.
Below you will find a menu of the sweet potato diet for the whole week.
Why is sweet potato good for weight loss?
The truth is that sweet potato is good for weight loss and above all, to lose belly. One of the areas that usually concern us the most and that is not always easy to go down. Well, the sweet potato will be a great ally since it has a high fiber index. This makes us satiated by taking little amount of it. Digestion will be slower, so the feeling of being satiated, we will also notice it over time.
On the other hand, it is a perfect source of antioxidants and with a low glycemic index. The truth is that sweet potatoes with this index much lower than potatoes. So it is always a good ally. When we want to lose weightWe need the blood glucose levels to be balanced, as the sweet potato will do this for us. But it is also a low-calorie food with high water content, which makes digestion much better.
Sweet potato properties
Thanks to its high content of carotenes, with antioxidant power, it makes us one of the essential foods for our diet. As we well know, sweet potatoes have unbeatable natural proteins. But it is also that it also has a high percentage of fiber, at the same time that it is composed of minerals like calcium, magnesium, or potassium, without forgetting vitamin C. For every 100 grams of sweet potato, it leaves the body about 30 ml of this vitamin and also of vitamin E. But it also provides 480 mg of potassium, 0,9 mg of iron, 3 grams of fiber and less than 90 calories.
We can not forget, since we have mentioned vitamins, which also has B1, B2, B5 and B6.
How many kilos are lost with the sweet potato diet?
The truth is that it is a short diet. It should not be prolonged in time, because as we well know, you always have to eat in a more balanced way. It is perfect for losing weight at the same time as the abdomen. You may carry it out for about five or six days at most. As long as your health is optimal. In that time you can lose two kilos. But it is true that each body is totally different and there will be people who may have a more pronounced decline.
Sweet potato diet menu
- Breakfast: A glass of sweet potato juice and two oranges
- Mid-morning: 30 grams of whole wheat bread with a skimmed yogurt
- Lunch: Baked sweet potato (the amount you need) with a bowl of lettuce and tomato
- Mid afternoon: Infusion and two whole grain cookies
- Dinner: Baked sweet potato with light vegetable cream and a fruit for dessert.
- Breakfast: A glass of sweet potato juice, a hard-boiled egg, and a fruit
- Mid-morning: 30 grams of whole wheat bread with 50 grams of light cheese
- Food: Sweet potato puree mixed with a tablespoon of skim milk and 100 grams of grilled chicken breast with vegetables
- Mid afternoon. Infusion and 30 grams of whole grains with skimmed yogurt
- Dinner: Baked sweet potato with salad and a fruit
- Breakfast: Coffee alone or with skimmed milk, 30 grams of whole wheat bread and three slices of turkey or chicken breast
- Mid-morning: 50 grams of light cheese and two pieces of fruit
- Food: Baked or microwaved sweet potato chips with 125 grams of fish and a bowl of salad.
- Mid afternoon: Sweet potato juice and skimmed yogurt
- Dinner: Sweet potato puree with a plate of light broth and a fruit for dessert.
- Breakfast: Sweet potato infusion or juice with 5 slices of turkey or chicken and a piece of fruit
- Mid-morning: 30 grams of whole grains with skim milk
- Lunch: Baked sweet potato and salad
- Mid afternoon: 30 grams of whole wheat bread with 0% cheese
- Dinner: Sweet potato puree, 150 grams of fish and a natural yogurt.
- Breakfast: Infusion and two wholemeal cookies
- Mid-morning: two pieces of fruit
- Food: Cooked sweet potato with two boiled eggs and one fruit
- Mid afternoon: 30 grams of whole wheat bread with turkey
- Dinner: Salad, sweet potato puree and a natural yogurt
Can you substitute sweet potato for sweet potato?
Although the question is one of the most common, the truth is that the answer is simpler than we think. As sweet potato and sweet potato are the same. That is, two names for the same tuber. But it is true that in each place it can be known by one of them, which usually leads to confusion. It must be said that the sweet potato or sweet potato is also known by the name of sweet potato or sweet potato.
The truth is that although it is always the same food, we do make the odd distinction in it. Since it has numerous varieties and this has made the names to designate it also different. One of those differences will be in the color both the pulp and the skin. Since the varieties with the redder skin is what we call sweet potatoes, while those with the lighter skin are called sweet potatoes. So, when we want to talk about sweet potato or sweet potato in our diet, we have to know that we will be soaking up the same virtues, qualities and benefits.