Much has been said that it is very important to maintain good levels of omega 3 and omega 6 in our body, are unsaturated fatty acids that enjoy the best properties to maintain good health.
This time we will focus on the omega 6, but in a way one cannot be understood without the other.
It is an essential, polyunsaturated fat thatue our body is capable of manufacturing, it is important to know which are the foods rich in omega 6 to improve our health.
Omega 6 acts inside the body, benefiting us, thas great qualities which we tell you below.
What are the benefits of omega 6
Omega 6 acts in the body by forming hormones and cell membranes. In addition, it is very suitable for the immune system to function properly, in addition, it takes care of our neural health and synaptic transmissions.
- Decreases triglycerides and cholesterol blood.
- It is used to improve quality hair related, prevents hair loss and keeps it strong and healthy.
- It is advised for women when they are in their time premenstrual, collaborates in reducing symptoms.
- Those who suffer diabetes It is very beneficial as it lowers blood insulin levels.
- It helps the circulatory system, so it can be of help for those men who suffer from impotence.
- Protect our heart, prevents cardiovascular diseases related to the obstruction of the arteries.
- Avoid vision problems, thanks to its support in blood circulation.
- Stimulates the immune system.
- This fat reduces the action of free radicals that directly affect the skin and cause premature aging of the skin.
Foods rich in omega 6
Omega 6 fatty acids are well known and they are found in a multitude of foods, both vegetable and animal.
They are found mainly in the vegetable oils, the most prominent of them is safflower oil, this food is not consumed as food itself, we only find it in the form of a supplement or ingredients of other foods.
Inside sunflower, corn, soy, peanut or sesame oil We can also get omega 6. We must bear in mind that the oils are very caloric but healthy, they should not be abused. On the other hand, we can find it in industrial elaborations, such as cookies or margarines.
To summarize, write down which are the best foods to get Omega 6.
- Vegetable oils: sunflower, corn, sesame, olive, etc.
- Nuts: walnuts, peanuts, almonds, chestnuts, etc.
- Seeds: Flaxseed, sunflower seeds, sesame, borage, chia, etc.
- Whole grains
As we mentioned, omega 6 is closely linked to omega 3, andThere is a relationship that means that to benefit from one, it is preferable to consume the other. Therefore, it is recommended 4 parts of omega 6 acid for each part of omega 3.
Today, there are a multitude of diets and regimens to treat all types of diseasess specific, to lose weight, to gain muscle mass, in preparation for a marathon, etc. In many of them, more omega 6 than omega 3 are recommended, with which their transformation and subsequent benefit is reduced.
For this reason, we support the use of both substances to fully improve and benefit 100%.
Foods rich in omega 3 and omega 6
- Nuts: They are rich in both omega 3 and omega 6, for this reason, you can choose walnuts to complete your diet, a handful of walnuts for a snack can be a great start.
- Canola oil: This type of oil even contains omega 9, for this reason, among all those that we find, the first one on the list should be found. You can use it to cook or dress salads.
- Lecithin: This supplement is a natural supplement very rich in omega 3 and 6, so it will be very beneficial to regulate glucose and cholesterol levels in the blood.
The only contraindication what we find with acids omega 3, 6 and 9, is that to fully benefit us we have to consume all three types, many people do not know, but it is of little use to focus on just one type of omega.
The lifestyle and food consumed daily is no longer very healthy, trans fats, carbohydrates, sugars They are very present in our diet and this means that the few natural and healthy nutrients cannot act accordingly.
How to consume it
Polyunsaturated fatty acids apart from consuming them from the aforementioned foods, se can be obtained from encapsulated supplements. Sometimes, depending on the case, it is preferable to consume encapsulated natural products since they contain a greater amount of that nutrient which we lack.
We have to learn to differentiate them and know what each substance and food is for, in many occasions, the combination of many can be the solution to treat certain minor illnesses.
We advise you to always go to the family doctor to consult all our doubts about natural products, because although they are all beneficial, they may not act in the same way in each one of us.