Dates appear from date palms and we can find them more than six thousand years ago. Its cultivation began in Southeast Asia and North Africa, eventually spreading to warmer countries.
The fruits of the palm tree have many properties that many are unaware ofTherefore, we come here to tell you what its benefits are and what they can do for you.
El date like fruit is oval in shapeIt is brown in color, its meat is firm and sweet and inside we find an elongated bone. We can find specimens up to 4 centimeters in length. As we mentioned, its cultivation is concentrated in the areas of the Middle East, North Africa and some areas of California. Although currently, we can find them in various parts of the world.
They are often included in the group of nuts, they are treated the same as raisins or dried apricots, however, dates grow and ripen on the plant itself.
As you know, there is not only one type of dateIt will always depend on the type of palm tree. It is said that the best quality of dates is found in the area of Tunisia, they have very smooth, fine and dark skin. On the other hand, turkish dates They are also very famous, they are darker in color and more delicate. Finally, we find dates, from Elche which are of excellent quality.
How to consume dates
- At Lóleo Eventos, Mediterranean They are widely used, and can be used both in desserts, as main meals or any type of dish.
- Once the bone is removed, we can fill them with some dried fruit or some cheese paste.
- En Greece and Turkey, they prepare it together with meat and fish.
- We can find date vinegar, can be done chutney, in the form of pasta and seeds for bakery products.
- We must not forget that tree buds, from the palm tree we obtain the palm hearts, which are used in salads.
Properties and benefits of dates
Dates provide us with great nutritional properties that our body takes for energy during the day. Dates are characterized by giving us a lot of energy and improving our mood.
Next we tell you what are the best benefits we get from dates.
- It is recommended to eat dates in study period or when an extra amount of energy is needed.
- They increase mental capacity and agility.
- It is a food rich in antioxidant amino acids.
- Fight like this free radicals.
- They provide hydrates of carbon, potassium, phosphorus, calcium y mangnesium.
- Contains acid pantothenic, necessary to convert fats into carbohydrates and energy.
- The date helps us to perform in our favorite sport. It is a propellant to create muscle mass.
- Fight the stress, la anxiety and helps us fall asleep.
- Prevent us from having episodes of stress.
- It is rich in fiber, therefore, it helps us fight the constipation.
- Helps reduce cholesterol in the blood. They contain hardly any fat and help regulate levels.
- They improve and participate in a good digestion, relieves the constipation, avoids gas and contributes to not gaining too much weight.
- It provides essential sugars that give us energy. Natural sugars are the glucose, fructose and sucrose.
- They are rich in iron, so its consumption is recommended to all those who have anemia, or elderly people who need a little extra energy.
- On the other hand, be rich in potassium and very low in sodium, dates help regulate the nervous system.
Tips for dealing with dates
Dates have a long life, although that does not mean that they do not go bad. You have to know how to store and preserve them well so that they do not deteriorate. For this reason, we recommend storing them in airtight and dry glass jars, in a place where they are not exposed to light.
As we mentioned, the date is rich in a large amount of nutrients and minerals, such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and vitamins of group B, provitamin A, C and D. Do not hesitate to introduce it into your diet to benefit from all of them. You can consume an average of 3 and 5 dates a day.
Their taste is sweet, they are satiating and they can be consumed in slimming diets, however, we should not abuse them because they are rich in sugars, which although they are beneficial can alter our weight loss.
As you have seen, dates are a delicacy that has been eaten for thousands of years, this small fruit of the palm tree can be found in practically all supermarkets, markets and department storesHowever, its quality will vary depending on where it comes from.
Look for the best qualities and discover where the dates you like the most come from, surely you will find some that you love and with which you can make delicious recipes.